Friday, May 7, 2010

#LateToLost

One reason for the blog silence the past week or so has been that I am frantically trying to catch up to Lost before the season finale, and it kinda kills any downtime I have in front of a computer. Why the late interest? Well, as previously discussed, it was putting a chilling effect on my conversations with friends. Also, it's wicked awesome. Incredibly awesome. Like, now I'm on Season 6 and can't watch it on Netflix anymore and my computer doesn't seem to want to download Hulu or ABC.com at any acceptable speed and I may have to choke someone kind of awesome. But I'll work that out.

I've been watching in earnest since February, and to the delight/moderate amusement/grating annoyance of my Twitter followers, most of whom are obsessed with the show, I've been chronicling my progress with the hashtag #LateToLost. Jesus Christ, could you die of cleverness? If you could, you would.

But my Twitter page is covert for many a sordid reason, and hasn't been broadcast to the wider populace. Nor have all of the #LateToLost posts ever been compiled in one place...until now.

I should warn you that if you haven't seen the show, there may be something of a spoiler or two in here. Think of these as signposts on your journey to the Island. Like the show itself, they will mystify, confound, and maybe, just maybe, leave an entire nation traumatized. If you guys' hysterical reaction to last week's episode is any indication. Honestly, people, it's just a freakin' SHOW.

Previously, on #LateToLost:

  • These people have daddy issues that make Empire Strikes Back look like Father Knows Best. #LateToLost

  • Season 2. God bless Anna Lucia and her itchy trigger finger #DeliverUsFromShannon (Note: #LateToLost precursor. But really too good a hashtag to waste)
  • Wow, this guy who crashed on the island in a hot air balloon seems totally nice and credible. They should let his ass go. #LateToLost
  • YOU BASTARDS DID NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE BUNNY. WHAT THE HELL, YOU GUYS. #LateToLost

  • Oh em gee, you guys. Have cue cards ever been so thrilling? No. They have not. #LateToLost

  • Three Dog Night and VW vans go together like peas and carrots. #LateToLost

  • You guys, I found the spider episode hilarious. Scale of 1 to 10 how worrisome is that? #LateToLost

  • Psh. Everyone knows a dislocated shoulder doesn't go *crunch*. It goes *pop*. Knees too. Trust me on this. #LateToLost
  • Awww. I'm so glad Hurly's got a gf. I feel really good about where this is going. #LateToLost
  • Harry Potter glasses: Cute on little kids. Creepy on megalomaniacal sociopaths. #LateToLost

  • Favorite new swear word: fishbiscuits #LateToLost

  • HOLY SHIT, YOU GUYS. I CANNOT TAKE AIR INTO MY FACE. I'M SORRY I EVER DOUBTED YOU. YOU WERE RIGHT ON SO MANY LEVELS. #LateToLost

  • Also: #DeathPoolWIN

  • Thank god for the writer's strike and shortened seasons. I was getting a little winded, you guys. #LateToLost

  • Holy crap! It's the guy from Short Circuit! #NumberJohnnyFive #LateToLost

  • Oops. Well, first rule of Lost: don't get attached. #NumberFiveIsAli...Nevermind #LateToLost

  • "The subjects believe their job is of the utmost importance." Holy crap, you guys. Dharma's an NGO. #LateToLost #WonkHumor

  • This show is teaching me that we are all connected. Mostly to a bunch of assholes. #LateToLost

  • I'll tell you all what you can do with your wine corks... #StillOnSeason5People #LateToLost

  • Jeez, Rousseau. I guess 16 years marooned in crazytown takes a toll on a girl. #LateToLost

  • Jules, it's cool. Sociopaths happen. Sometimes they steal your money. Sometimes they get your bf killed. Don't blame yourself. #LateToLost

  • Wait, these people are famous now, right? So the Oceanic 6 boards the same plane and no one shits their drawers? #shenanigans #LateToLost

  • I just wanna be your constant. #LateToLost

  • Seeing Sayid doped up and giddy is like seeing your father cry. Incongruous and deeply upsetting. #LateToLost

  • I'm glad someone pointed out the Back to the Future space-time continuum/fading pictures factor before I had to do it. #LateToLost

  • Goddamit, I'm glad SOMEONE finally pointed out dude was wearing too much eyeliner. #LateToLost

  • And after 5 seasons, if you're gonna call someone "Freckles," maybe they should, y'know, have some? #ItAintEasyBeingMarginalized #LateToLost

  • These folks are willing to cock up time & space for the sake of their own love lives? That's...totally relatable, actually. #LateToLost

  • I'd have a lot more respect for Jack if he spelled his last name properly. #TheresNoAInShepherd #LookItUp #LateToLost