Monday, August 31, 2009

Work Stuff! CNN Commentary on Racial Profiling

I promise not to make a habit of this, but I'm pretty proud of this media placement. I'm told that my organization has never gotten a CNN commentary placed before. Granted, I'm not sure we've ever TRIED to get one placed before, but the fact that I got our first one in my second week is, I think, pretty good.

If you're wondering what it is I actually do, one of my jobs is to pitch op-eds and pieces to major media outlets. Sometimes I get to ghost write the op-eds myself, sometimes the authors largely write their own. That's what happened here. Then I have to get it published. That's how we do.

Here's the piece on racial profiling, written by one of our attorneys, Chandra Bhatnagar:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/31/bhatnagar.khan/index.html?iref=newssearch