Friday, June 26, 2009

How to Mourn the King of Pop

The good boys and girls at RESULTS were gathered at a happy hour when we heard the news of the passing of Michael Jackson. We dutifully downed a fair amount of cheap beer in tribute, so it was rather late by the time I stumbled in the door. It's been a long week, and I badly wanted my bed. Around midnight I made the mistake of checking Facebook before heading to sleep, and found a note from Miss Jess asking for fellow explorers to check out a tip of mad partying happening at 14th and U Streets.

Were this 2008, I would have just gone to bed. Or, more likely, would not have seen the message until the morning. But since it's 2009, there was only one thing to do: throw my damn dress on and head out into the night. After all, the King of Pop only dies once. But rocking the night away proved more difficult than you'd think. In the end, though, I think we prevailed.

Although if the next music legend could kindly die on a weekend, that would really rock my world. Re-entry was a little rough today. Just sayin'.