Sunday, May 18, 2008

Now My Life is Complete

The other day, I went to CoCo Sala in Penn Quarter for my pal Ariel's birthday. Their shtick is that just about everything in the place incorporates chocolate of some kind. Check the menu if you have a chance. It's intense. Not having had dinner, and being a bit peckish, I ordered the bacon mac and cheese, which I assumed would be chocolate-free.

It came served with what looked like a strip of chocolate garnishing it. How presh, I thought. Way to get the chocolate in after all. I removed it, and did a double take. Then my face lit up like a little Chanukah Bush, and I made a sound like "Whoa! WHOA!"

It was a strip of chocolate covered bacon.

Chocolate. Covered. Bacon.

This was momentous. This was unprecedented. This was chocolate covered meat.

It kind of tasted like a funky chocolate pretzel. But more porcine.

I don't know if I need to have it again, but really, after chocolate covered bacon, where do you go? I fear it's all downhill from here.

Unless they come out with Nutella-infused Popeye's. Now there's a market waiting to be tapped.