Sunday, September 15, 2002

Do the Doogh

Oh boy is it ever raining here.

I haven't been caught out in a rainstorm such as we had today in a long long time.

As mentioned, it rained a lot in London, but it was rarely a torrential downpour. Except that one time in Kew Gardens, which sucked heartily.

Anyway, Jeffrey visited this weekend, which means that I got to go out to eat. We visited one of our favorites from the days when we lived on 26th and 1st Avenue, Bamiyan. Bamiyan is a very nice Afghan restaurant where you can sit on the floor, if you wish, and enjoy kebabs and pasta and dumplings and oceans of delicious yogurt sauce.

My favorite part of going to Bamiyan is the doogh. Doogh is a delightful concoction on yogurt, salt, mint, and seltzer water. I enjoy it, although I have yet to find a sympathetic doogh taster. It complements tasty seasoned meat very nicely. For honest.

Crissie said it tasted like the dentist's office. I don't know what that means.

She didn't take a very big sip.

Perhaps next time she'll be more open-minded.

Robyn